Monday, December 17, 2007

A Fun Night Awaits

12/17/07

So all I have been doing is bitching and moaning about how miserable it has been being home, and how the break cant fly by fast enough, blah blah blah.

And while I still hold onto to those feelings, tonight should be a lot a fun, as I'm going into the city with Matty (roommate) to see Knicks-Pacers at the garden.

Once again, I am going against everything I wrote about in bashing the Knicks, mainly that the solution to the Knicks problem is staying as far away from the team as possible.

However, between being home, and Matty being a big time Pacers fan, the opportunity to watch our two teams play head to head was too tantalizing to pass up.

And as an added bonus, I found out that my Rossy is also going to be in the city, so he'll be joining us at the game, which should be a lot of fun.

After the game, I finally get what any woman would want the most (something one girl already has), which is a night alone with Rossy in his grandparents place on the east side.

And then I get to come home by train tomorrow and return to the very listless life I have been complaining about, which tomorrow will probably consist of me going to the gym, sitting around until Jason gets home, and wasting away the night in his basement watching Sopranos.

I don't know, while tonight is an example of how my winter break might not be so bad after all, I cant help but feel like I'm just wasting time for an entire month doing a whole lot of nothing.

At least when I'm school I'm doing nothing but without parents around and with 12,000 other kids doing the exact same thing.

I have two awesome roommates who are always around, plus food at my disposal almost 24 hours a day.

I get so bored and hungry (not to mention pathetic) that I go to campusfood.com and stare at all of the Syracuse places which i'm pretty sure wont deliver to an off campus apartment 5 hours away.

Which is sad, because not having Pita Pit 10 minutes away has been killing me.

Its gotten so bad I might have to resort to the deli downstairs, getting myself grilled chicken salads.

Anyway, 27 more days until I can get back up to school, which means 27 more days of trying to remember the names of the different day-time talk shows and soap operas which clog up the television between 10 in the morning and 5 in the afternoon.

Until tomorrow...

No comments: