Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Off To A Good Start

12/18/07

I was probably a bit too harsh on the outlook of my winter break, however the last 2 days have given me a slight (but in all likelihood false) sense of hope.


The Knicks might have lost by nearly 30 points last night, however when you go expecting to lose, leaving with an ass kicking that bad sure as heck beats losing at the last second.

Throw in a solid pre game meal with Matty as well as a long overdue hot dog at half time, one could look past a losing team losing another meaningless game.

After the game I decided to turn myself into an uptown girl, as I rendezvoused with Ross on the upper east side where his grandparents have a sweet apartment which was fully equipped with not one but two gorgeous HDTV's.

And the best news of the night was that me and the big fella got to share a bedroom (separate beds, relax).

So after not seeing Ross for 4 months, I got to get a second dose of him in 3 days, giving us some quality catch up time, which included everything from watching Monday Night Football to baking cookies. Yea, deal with it. We bake.

Today was the icing on the cake, as we went to Pete's, the oldest original bar in the city, which his uncle operates, and as a result we were treated to lunch on the house. Never has a cheeseburger tasted so good.

Then after getting home this afternoon, I impressed myself by making it to the gym for the third day in a row.

And heres the really shocking part:

My fat ass was able to spend an hour on the treadmill, running and walking a combined 4 miles.

And so for those of you unaware, I have officially undertaken my mission to get into shape make myself a healthier person.

The cheese steak and hot dog last night combined with the cookies and cheeseburger today set me back a bit, however I am proud to say I have not had a sip of soda since before going back to school at the end of the Thanksgiving break.

I'm trying folks. I'm without question the laziest person I know, and after way too long of not caring about what I eat or getting off the couch, I figured enough is enough, and so the race is on.

I have a gym 5 floors below me and so despite the fact that at this moment my feet are throbbing and my legs are soar, I can't wait to wake up tomorrow and get right back to it.

The best part is I also have an indoor basketball (half) court- which is almost always available, giving me something else to do. Always a plus.

The downside? No Pita Pit. And those grilled chicken pitas with lettuce, green peppers, onions and hot sauce became a 3 or 4 times a week meal which had taken the place of a Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich or a McDonald's 2 cheeseburger meal. Oh how I miss both of them.

So I can happily report that both my winter break and diet have gotten off to surprisingly positive starts.

Lets see how long both last.

No comments: