Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The Least Wonderful Time of the Year

12/11/07

'Twas the night before finals and all through my suit
I wanted to study, but did nothing but eat.

So I'll end my pathetic attempt to rhyme there, but Finals week and the end of the semester is quite possibly the most miserable time of the year. All that stands between you and a month of absolutely nothing are final exams.

You worked hard (or hard enough) to get to this point, yet you know that all it takes is one bad stretch of 2 hours with one of the stupid blue books and grades are changed.

I actually got off relatively easy this semester, as I only had 2 finals which mattered. And I can say at this point, having taken both, that the feeling you get after completing a final doesn't really make up for the anxiety and stress it puts you through before you actually take it.

And is it just me, or in the moments right before the exam is placed in front you everything you managed to cram into that throbbing head of yours is forgotten faster than you can say pencils down. If your lucky everything you studied comes back to you, and if your me enough of it is remembered to get the B I was striving for.

Finals week is pretty strange around campus. Your schedule is different so when you go to take your exams, you see people walking around you have never seen before. The plus side of course is watching how ridiculous some of these people look either knowing they are on their way to take an exam or have just finished failing one.

I don't know, I no longer have to worry about finals this semester, yet I feel no sense of relief. Maybe its knowing that I still have 3 more days before I can go home. Maybe its because I still have some work to do for my never ending Education class (although I doubt it, because we all know how little I care about my schoolwork).

Its probably because I know that come next May, I'll be sitting here with the exact same feeling, all over again.

And for my suffering, i get rewarded by having to go through this all 2 more times next year.

You'll have to excuse me for being so overwhelmed with joy.

Then again, this is supposed to be the most wonderful time of the year.

Agree to disagree.

No comments: