Friday, December 7, 2007

Whats your favorite Vegatable?

12/7/07

Probably wondering whats up with the title of this post. I can explain. I was in the car with my roommates and our gender-challenged friend Shawn (love you buddy, and happy birthday) and Matt, one of my roommates wanted to tell us a joke he heard in class. I take abslutely zero credit for this, although once you hear it you probably wouldnt want to be associated with having told it.

That being said, this must have been one of the funniest things I've heard in a while. Matt was in a class of his and when the teach stepped out he says that somehow a bunch of the kids in class started discussin vegetables. And this was how the conversation played out:

Person 1- Hey, whats your favorite find of vegetable?
Person 2- well, other than Terri Schiavo, I would have to say carrots.

I might have messed up on the actual vegetable mentioned, but trust me, hearing that out of the blue had me laughing as hard as Ive laughed at anything in a long time.

Alright so most if not all of you probably didn't find that as amusing as I did, but even now im still laughing.

And I needed the laugh, as I pulled off something that managed to impress...well...myself.

For the last 6 weeks, I have known about by big Unit Plan project for my education class. It consists of me creating five 80 minute lesson plans for a middle school history class. The plans needed to be very detailed with annotated sources and all that good stuff. 6 weeks I knew about, and when did I start? Yesterday. When was it due?

Earlier this afternoon at 5.

Here is some of what went through my head yesterday. I got out of my last class of the day early, at around 2:30 (usually ends at 3:20) so I figured that when I got back to my room I would relax until 3:30 and work for a solid 4 hours on this plan. And 3:15 rolled around, and I laid down only to pass out until about 5:30. Alright, still early, still have all night. If i start working now and I get 4 or 5 hours of work done tonight I can still get to bed by midnight.

In addition to this project being due, I had to wake up this morning for a 10 oclock review session. I normally would have had no reason to wake up at such an early hour on a Friday, but such was the case. As long as I got to bed at a reasonable time I would be fine.

5:30 became 7, which turned into 8 and then 9 and 10, and I had gotten very little done. Alright, well if I get started at 10, go to bed by 2, I can wake up around 9 and still get my 7 hours of sleep. Perfect.

But before I knew it, It was past midnight and I had gotten maybe a combined half hour of work done. And this is when the fun began, because I knew there was no way I could have missed the review session.

Between the hours of 2 and 6...6 am that is....I managed to complete a majority of my work, however still falling short of finishing it. Review session is in 4 hours, I need sleep, yet im strangely wide awake.

While part of the reason i was so wired at such an ungodly hour was I was kept company online with a few people, however I had this energy I just needed to get rid of.

Finally around 6:35...AM....I went to bed, for a a whole 2 hours and 40 minues. Woke up, showered, still had all this energy and made it to my review session only 5 minutes late.

And to this point, running on less than 3 hours of sleep, I'm still wide awake, and i wish i knew why.

The good news is that i did finally get my Unit Plan done around 2:30 this afternoon, and dropped it off hopefully never to see the thing again.

And now its about 8 o'clock, all I want to do is sleep, yet between the Knicks being on (no, I cant tell you why im watching) and the fact that somebody must have slipped some speed in my water, I'm as awake as ever.

Still laughing at the vegetable joke, not gonna lie. Too soon though?

Nah.

No comments: